I strive to assist small and medium sized businesses with the preparation for and assistance with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audits and the complex accounting requirements of Federal Government contracts. Providing Federal Government Contract Consulting to Washington DC and surrounding areas.
- federal government contracts
- government contract consulting
- small business government contracts
- dcaa audit
- accounting for government contracts
- audit defense
I am a one person consulting operation located in Havre de Grace, MD. I am looking to assist small and medium sized businesses obtain and properly account for the costs incurred when performing Federal Government contracts. I maintain an active CPA license in both PA and MD. I retired from the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), an independent agency within the Department of Defense (DoD) after over 35 years of continuous federal service. With my background from DCAA, I believe that I am uniquely qualified to assist clients with the complex accounting requirements mandated by Federal Government contracts.
- Assist with maintaining the accounting records and preparation of billings/invoices as required for NASA contracts;
- Prepare methodology for the preparation of Provisional Billing Rates;
- Provide consulting services on the preparation of Forward Pricing Rates;
- Provide guidance and assist in establishing a job cost accounting system for a cost-type Navy contract;
- Prepare guidance for the preparation of the submission of incurred costs;
- Provide an expert opinion regarding Cost Accounting Standard coverage.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance with “The Philadelphia Insurance Co.”
- Liability Insurance with “Erie Insurance Co.”
The key to successful accounting for government contracts is a good audit trail!